Links to most commonly used forms can be found below:
You must contact us 30 days prior to your anticipated retirement date in order to request your application for benefits.
Applying for Benefits
YOU SHOULD CALL THE STEELWORKERS PENSION TRUST AT 412-482-1876 TO REQUEST YOUR BENEFITS APPLICATION THIRTY TO FORTY DAYS PRIOR TO YOUR PENSION START DATE
COMPLETE YOUR APPLICATION AND RETURN IT ALONG WITH REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION TO THE STEELWORKERS PENSION TRUST
PLEASE SEE THE DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS BELOW:
We will review your working requirements and determine your eligibility for payment. We will mail you the application along with a Benefit Sheet that shows an estimate of the benefits along with the optional forms of payment and the relative values of the various options.
If you are working until retirement you should call us at least one month before the day that you want your benefits to begin.
When applying for your pension benefit you will be required to provide the following:
- A copy of your proof of age (Acceptable documents are listed below.)
- If you are married, a copy of your spouse’s proof of age and marriage license/certificate
- If your spouse is deceased, the death certificate (must be an original)
- If you are divorced, please provide copies of all divorce decrees and complete settlement agreements
- If you are applying for a disability benefit, you must also include a complete copy of your Social Security Disability Award
When submitting evidence of proof of age, please provide one document from the list below. Evidence as high on the list as possible should be submitted if it is obtainable. For instance, if a birth certificate is obtainable, it should be submitted rather than a baptismal certificate or a statement of birth shown by a church record. You will be notified if additional proof of age is requested by the Board of Trustees because the document submitted is not adequate. Therefore, it is to the advantage of all concerned to furnish a document which is high in order of preference as indicated on the list below.
Please do not send originals. Please send copies.
- Birth certificate;
- Driver’s license;
- Naturalization Record;
- Baptismal certificate or statement as to the date of birth shown by a Church Record, certified by the custodian of such record;
- School record, certified by the custodian of such record;
- A foreign church or government record;
- Signed statement by physician or midwife who was in attendance at birth, as to the date of birth shown on their records;
- Military record;
- Immigration papers; or
- Marriage record showing date of birth or age (application for marriage license or church record, certified by the custodian of such record, or marriage certificate).
Once you receive a Benefits Application, if you do not complete and return the Application within ninety (90) days, the Application is voided. You must then begin the Application process again.
Further, if you return the Application in a timely manner, but during the Application process you are asked for missing information and the inquiry is not answered by you within ninety (90) days, the Application is voided. You must then begin the Application process again.
Click here for Benefit Application Request Form, or you may request one by contacting Zenith American Solutions, Inc. at 412-482-1876.